Ciao a tutti!

Ciao a tutti!
ho raggiunto una svolta decisiva nella mia vita, allora ho deciso di fare questo blog ancora... leggi, commenta e divertiti :)

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A rant on technology services...

Oggi, ho alzato e ho visto che è una bellissima giornata! c'è sole, fa caldo... and then I went to turn on my phone - kaput, no battery, wont turn on. Fantastico! so I went to charge it and guess what, the charger wont work. I try a different charger - no luck, after an hour of freaking out and trying to get it to work I realize my phone really is broken. That means its time to make a phone call to rogers... now I don't know about you, but I hate going through the process of listening to the automated voices, pushing all those damn buttons and going in circles in digital limbo. It frustrates me when I need to find my bus information (Mississauga transit isn't too bad, but greyhound! mamma mia that one is frustrating), it frustrates me when I want to call into my own work, and it certainly frustrates me now when I just want to get my phone fixed. I may now slightly understand the intimidation of live video agent at work, however I argue at least you are talking to and see a real person. Anyways, so I finally get through, tell them my situation. Great, but then I have to go get "daddy" on the phone to authorize anything... do I sound like I'm 5? 10? even 15?!  I'm over 20 and I just want to get my phone fixed, not change any account settings, just get my phone fixed and I have to get my dad to authorize it! Okay fine, get dad, dad authorizes, and steph gets back on the phone. Rogers guy, "you need to take your phone into a rogers store they will ship it out to get fixed, it's going to take at least 7 business days". Well dang nabbit! My brother called in a month or two ago with a broken phone, needed no "daddy" authorization and got a new phone sent to him in two days. This was seriously frustrating. At least I have an extra phone to use... something about using one of their loaner phones sounds sketchy. I mean other people (who you don't know) have held that phone up to their face, put it who knows where, and have done who knows what with it! So I will be reverting back to my old sony ericson W810i for probably two weeks while my lovely x10 gets fixed... the likely hood of people getting a hold of me is zero since this phone is old and doesn't hold charge very long. This cannot be a good sign for my job search!

Hopefully the rest of the long weekend goes better!!

Ci sentiamo,

-Stephanie

BACI ;)

No comments: